Nate is the Barrington High School Varsity baseball hitting coach and is also the Head Coach for the Barrington American Legion baseball team. During his first season as Head Coach in 2014, the American Legion Post 158 won the State title. Three-year overall record of 93-32. He is also an assistant coach for the Barrington High School Varsity football team working with the wide receivers.
After two years in Junior college, Boone transferred to the University of Northern Iowa to continue playing baseball in the Missouri Valley Conference on academic scholarships. His senior year, he was honored to receive both a baseball scholarship and team captain honors.
While at UNI, Boone was drawn to the Strength & Conditioning Programs that were utilized with his team. After his senior year, he decided to pursue his MA in Exercise Science. During that time, he was fortunate to work one on one and train with 1984 Olympian Jianping Ma learning a Chinese system of Olympic Weightlifting. Since then, Boone has been working with athletes of all ages helping them to become better athletes through the use of sports performance training.
- 2008-2009 Head Strength and Conditioning Coach- Waterloo Columbus High School
- 2008-2009 Head Strength and Conditioning Coach- University of Northern Iowa Softball Team
- 2007-2008 Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach – University of Northern Iowa Baseball Team
- 2009-2019 Managing Owner of Private Sports Performance Training Facility
2007-2009 University of Northern Iowa, MA - Exercise Science
2005-2007 University of Northern Iowa, BA- Exercise Science
2003-2005 Scottsdale Community College, Scottsdale, AZ
1999-2003 Bozeman Senior High School, Bozeman, MT
2017-Present CF Level 1 Certified Coach
2015 Speaker at ISHA Coaching Symposium
2010-Present USAW Sports Performance Certified Level 1 Coach
2010-2019 USAW Club Director
2008-Present USAW Weightlifting Athlete - Finish 8th place in 2012 National Championships
Wire has a storied connection to Barrington-area baseball, having played under legendary coach Kirby Smith on the 1995 State Champion American Legion Baseball Team and the 1996 third-place American Legion Baseball Team. Wire was Athlete of the Year at Cary-Grove High School in 1996 after lettering in three sports – baseball, basketball and football – during his four years there. He played football and baseball at the University of Wisconsin White-Water, Concordia University and at Beloit College,
Wire's other accolades include: Two MVP, All-Conference, and All-Area Awards while at Cary-Grove High School in football and baseball. Wire was also Pitcher of the Year at Cary-Grove in 1996, holds the Cary-Grove Baseball School record for stolen bases (41 of 42), and is a member of Cary-Grove Football's "Ring of Honor." In college, he earned All Mid-West Conference, Pitcher and Rookie of the Year Awards, and is still currently in the record books at Beloit. As a pitcher, he is 4th all-time in Beloit College history in a single season for ERA (2.36), and still holds the Beloit College school record for the lowest career Earned Run Average (2.64).
Wire’s coaching pedigree is well-earned. He has assisted both the baseball and football programs at Barrington High School since 2001. Pat is also the offensive coordinator for Barrington Football in the fall.
Now Wire is here at the FattFro Zone offering top of the line training and pitching instruction.
- Illinois Coaches Association Coach of the Year 2014, 2016
- Regional Championship 2014, 2016,2017, 2018
- Conference Championship 2016
- Broke School Record for Wins in a Season 2014,2016,2017
Played In Collage At: Winona State University
- 4 Year Starter 2003 – 2006
- NSIC Champions 2004,2006
- NSIC Tournament Champions 2003
- 1st Team All Tournament Team 2006
- NCAA Regional Appearances 2003,2005
- Finished top 3 in all major Career and Single season pitching records.
- Led Conference in Wins/Strikeouts (2003) & ERA (2006)
- 2 Time Selection to USSSA All World Team
Played in High School At: Stevenson
- 4 Year Varsity Starter 1999-2002
- Conference Champions 1999-2002
- Regional Champions 1999,2001,2002
- Sectional Champions 1999,2001
- IHSA State 1999 (5th Place)
- 1st Team All Conference 1999-2002
- 1st Team All Area (Capt ‘00) 1999-2002
- 1st Team All State 1999,2002
- Player of the Year 2000
- Super 60 Selection
- IHSA AA State records – Wins (1st), Shutouts (3rd), ERA (4th), Strikeouts (5th)
- IHSA All Time State records – Wins (3rd), Shutouts (19th)
- All Decade Team – Pioneer Press - 2010