Nate is the Barrington High School Varsity baseball hitting coach and is also the Head Coach for the Barrington American Legion baseball team. During his first season as Head Coach in 2014, the American Legion Post 158 won the State title. Three-year overall record of 93-32. He is also an assistant coach for the Barrington High School Varsity football team working with the wide receivers.
• 2 time All Lake County Player of the Year.
• All State Selection.
• 3rd Place finish in 2010.
• Northwestern University 4 year letter winner 2012-2015
• Big Ten Freshman of the week 2/27/12
• Big Ten Player of the week 3/21/15 after hitting four home runs and slugging
• 1.700 in a three game series against Penn State.
• 3 time regional series participant.
• Coach of the 14u Illinois Chill Gold
• 6th season coaching premier athletes to the next level. Has been with the program for 9 years, first as a player.
• Barrington Middle School-Station Assistant Softball Coach.
• Helped coach the middle school team to the state series in Bloomington-Normal this fall.
- Illinois Coaches Association Coach of the Year 2014, 2016
- Regional Championship 2014, 2016,2017, 2018
- Conference Championship 2016
- Broke School Record for Wins in a Season 2014,2016,2017
Played In Collage At: Winona State University
- 4 Year Starter 2003 – 2006
- NSIC Champions 2004,2006
- NSIC Tournament Champions 2003
- 1st Team All Tournament Team 2006
- NCAA Regional Appearances 2003,2005
- Finished top 3 in all major Career and Single season pitching records.
- Led Conference in Wins/Strikeouts (2003) & ERA (2006)
- 2 Time Selection to USSSA All World Team
Played in High School At: Stevenson
- 4 Year Varsity Starter 1999-2002
- Conference Champions 1999-2002
- Regional Champions 1999,2001,2002
- Sectional Champions 1999,2001
- IHSA State 1999 (5th Place)
- 1st Team All Conference 1999-2002
- 1st Team All Area (Capt ‘00) 1999-2002
- 1st Team All State 1999,2002
- Player of the Year 2000
- Super 60 Selection
- IHSA AA State records – Wins (1st), Shutouts (3rd), ERA (4th), Strikeouts (5th)
- IHSA All Time State records – Wins (3rd), Shutouts (19th)
- All Decade Team – Pioneer Press - 2010
Wire has a storied connection to Barrington-area baseball, having played under legendary coach Kirby Smith on the 1995 State Champion American Legion Baseball Team and the 1996 third-place American Legion Baseball Team. Wire was Athlete of the Year at Cary-Grove High School in 1996 after lettering in three sports – baseball, basketball and football – during his four years there. He played football and baseball at the University of Wisconsin White-Water, Concordia University and at Beloit College,
Wire's other accolades include: Two MVP, All-Conference, and All-Area Awards while at Cary-Grove High School in football and baseball. Wire was also Pitcher of the Year at Cary-Grove in 1996, holds the Cary-Grove Baseball School record for stolen bases (41 of 42), and is a member of Cary-Grove Football's "Ring of Honor." In college, he earned All Mid-West Conference, Pitcher and Rookie of the Year Awards, and is still currently in the record books at Beloit. As a pitcher, he is 4th all-time in Beloit College history in a single season for ERA (2.36), and still holds the Beloit College school record for the lowest career Earned Run Average (2.64).
Wire’s coaching pedigree is well-earned. He has assisted both the baseball and football programs at Barrington High School since 2001. Pat is also the offensive coordinator for Barrington Football in the fall.
Now Wire is here at the FattFro Zone offering top of the line training and pitching instruction.